Member Spotlight: Morris N. Robinson
Morris is an experienced tax lawyer and Certified Public Accountant with over 30 years of tax-law practice. He is the founder of M. Robinson & Company, P.C., Tax Law Specialists, a tax firm located in Boston’s financial district. Morris and his team solve complex financial problems that lie at the intersection of taxes, law, finance, and business. Working hand in hand with the IRS and Massachusetts Department of Revenue, Morris and his distinguished team are able to solve complex tax audits, tax disputes, Foreign Bank Account Reports (FBAR) cases, and various issues involving collections. He focuses his practice on International Taxation and Multistate taxation of businesses and individuals, including tax planning for the sale of businesses. He has handled highly complex tax issues under the IRS Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program. Morris is currently the President of the New England chapter of the American Academy of Attorney-CPA’s (AAA-CPA).
Morris is affiliated with the
- United States Tax Court
- United States District Court (Massachusetts)
- United States Appeals Court (First Circuit) and
- Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court
Morris began his career as a tax accountant with the Boston office of Haskins & Sells (now Deloitte & Touche). He later became a tax accountant with the New York City office of BDO Seidman. For many years he served as President and managing director of the law firm Robinson, Davis & Rosenblum, P.C.
Morris is a member of the:
- American Academy of Attorney-Certified Public Accountants (AAA-CPA)
- American Institute of CPAs (AICPA)
- Associated Industries of Massachusetts – State Tax Committee (AIM)
- Boston Bar Association – Federal Tax Committee (BBA)
- Boston Estate Planning Council (BEPC)
- Massachusetts Bar Association – Taxation Law Council (MBA)
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants – State and Federal Tax Committees (MSCPA)
Morris graduated Babson College and earned a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting with high distinction. He received his legal training at Boston University School of Law where he served on its Law Review and later earned an LL.M. in Taxation. He is a certified CPA with a license from the Board of Accountancy of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
For more information visit: http://www.mrobinson.com